Would you like to share your writing to win prizes? Then consider submitting your work to our annual Winter Writing Contest! Using the below picture as inspiration, write any poem, short story, song, or any other piece of creative writing and email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be accepted from January 15th to February 15th!
- Pieces must range from 50-1,000 words
- You must be ages 13-18 to participate
- The given image must be used as inspiration (but feel free to use be imaginative about how you use it!)
- Feel free to write any piece of creative writing – no essays please!
- Submissions will only be accepted from January 15th to February 15th
The first place prize will receive $150, second place will receive $100, and third place will receive $50.
Mark your calendars; the awards ceremony will take place on March 2nd at 11:00am. There we will be presenting certificates for participation, and prizes to the winners, who may also read their work. A panel of local young adult authors will also be there to give tips and answer questions about writing!
Be sure to spread this event to any fellow writers! If you have any questions, please contact us using on our contact form submission page, or email us at email@example.com!