The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group volunteer project. Members between the ages 13-18 help the library plan and present programs that are of interest to their peers.
Teens are given the opportunity to:
- Provide insight into the social and academic needs of teens
- Voice their opinion and help shape library services
- Help facilitate programs and events of interest to them
- Develop skills, such as leadership and teamwork
- Make a difference in their community while earning service hours
- Meet new people and create new connections
The group meets every other Saturday from 10:00 to 12:00. If interested, please contact us here!
Q: What is TAB? We are a group of teenagers partnering with the library trying to enrich the the life of others teens by advancing education, addressing social issues, and enhancing communities
Q: What does TAB do? With the ultimate goal of connecting teens to Burke Centre Library, we create fun clubs and competition to get teens more involved in the community while furthering their academic interest.
Q: Can I join TAB? We are always looking for more motivated and enthusiastic people to join the team! TAB members must show initiative, participate, have good time management skills, be willing to cooperate, set goals and follow up on them. Reliability and attendance is important. The minimum commitment to join TAB is 6 months. Successful members may stay for as long as they would like. Go to the contact us page and send us a message if you are interested in joining!